About the Races
The Longines Hong Kong Cup will be held on Sunday 5th December 2021, at Sha Tin racecourse. There are plenty of races to enjoy including the Hong Kong Cup, Hong Kong Mile and The Hong Kong Sprint, all classed as Group 1. This is the highlight of turf racing in Hong Kong and has a total purse of HK$83million making it the richest race in Hong Kong. The feature race of the day has a total prize money of HK$25million. The Hong Kong Cup is run over 2000m and is the premier end-of-year championship for the world’s top middle-distance horses.
The race was originally limited to horses trained in Hong Kong, Malaysia and Singapore but eventually opened up to other countries and Europe in 1990. Sha Tin racecourse is one of two racecourses in Hong Kong, and will take approximately 40-45 minutes from central which is easy enough as there are several transport links from the centre of the city so getting around and exploring is super easy. Take a trip to Lantau Island where you can visit the giant Buddha via cable car plus take a Tai O boat ride. Get a taste for chinese cuisine by taking a food tour through central and Sheung Wan districts or, if you fancy more of a fine dining, avant-garde experience, Felix in the Peninsula hotel is one to try. A tram tour will also take you to a fantastic viewing point at the Victoria Peak which allows for you to see the delights of the city during the day or at night.
Racing Breaks Experiences
Experiences with Racing Breaks start from £3,495 per person, where you will stay 6 nights at the deluxe 5* St Regis hotel with breakfast included every morning. This package gives you hospitality tickets to the thrilling racing at Sha Tin racecourse on Sunday as well as Hospitality at Happy Valley Races for the International Jockeys Challenge. Our Hong Kong International Races experience is the ultimate trip for any racing enthusiast as it incorporates hospitality at both Happy Valley and Sha Tin Racecourses. This six night trip also offers plenty of time for sightseeing as well as ample free time for you to experience the attractions in the region including the gambling capital of the world, Macau.
The St Regis Hotel is a luxury 5* hotel which offers everything you could want for a place to relax after a long day exploring the city and an exhilarating day of horse racing action. The hotel offers an outdoor pool as well as a fitness centre, bar and restaurant as well as a stunning sun terrace for guests to enjoy during your stay.
The hotel is only a 30 minute drive from Sha Tin racecourse and a 5 minute drive from Happy Valley which means it is very easy to get to and from both days racing and, the airport is only a 30 minute drive away too making this an ideal location to stay for your trip.
This experience includes all of the following;
Return Flights from London Heathrow to Hong Kong
6 Nights Accommodation at the 5* St Regis Hotel on Hong Kong Island
Full breakfast daily
Welcome function with food & drinks
Hong Kong City Half Day Walking Guided Tour
Hospitality at Happy Valley Races including buffet dinner & beverage package
Full Hospitality at Sha Tin Races including premium lunch & beverage package
Return Transfers to Happy Valley & Sha Tin race days
Breakfast with the Stars & Barrier Draw at Sha Tin
Evening harbour boat cruise including drinks
Carbine Club Luncheon at Grand Hyatt and after party
Hong Kong Metro Rail Pass
Services of an experienced tour leader
Monday 29th November 2021
- Depart London Heathrow on Monday on an overnight flight to Hong Kong to arrive on Tuesday.
Tuesday 30th November 2021
- Arrive at Hong Kong Airport and make your way to the fabulous five-star hotel, The St Regis, where you’ll receive outstanding service and enjoy amazing facilities including two Michelin starred restaurants.
- You will meet the rest of the group and enjoy some welcome drinks then head out for dinner to get to know everyone and hear our plans for the week.
Wednesday 1st December 2021
- After breakfast, we’ll be taken on a guided tour of Hong Kong to get the lay of the land and learn about the amazing history of the island.
- In the evening we’ll head off to the amazing Happy Valley Racecourse for the International Jockeys Challenge with hospitality including buffet dinner and drinks package and great views from our balcony close to the action.
Thursday 2nd December 2021
- We have an early start to the day as we head out to Sha Tin for Breakfast with the Stars and barrier draws for the four main races. Watch the key runners in their final piece of work before the all-important barrier draw.
- The rest of the day is yours to do some shopping, head to Stanley Market or just relax after a busy few days.
Friday 3rd December 2021
- After a relaxing morning, we’ll head off to the Carbine Club Luncheon at the Grand Hyatt to get the latest news on the international horses and meet with all the racing luminaries.
- Recent guest speakers include David Hayes, Gold Medallist Victoria Pendleton, UK Trainer Sir Michael Stoute, jockey Johnny Letts, horse whisperer Monty Roberts and many more. We’ll join the after-party to kick on for as long as you want.
Saturday 4th December 2021
- Today is a rest day and gives everyone a chance to explore Hong Kong at your leisure, to see more of the island, shop and do your form for Sha Tin tomorrow.
- We’ll meet late afternoon to head out for an evening boat cruise to enjoy Hong Kong Harbour and the stunning Christmas lights.
Sunday 5th December 2021
- After breakfast, we get into our finest racewear and jump on the bus to Sha Tin Racecourse for the highlight of the trip. Watch the best horses from around the globe compete from the comfort of our hospitality suite overlooking the 300m post.
- Celebrate with a fantastic buffet, drinks, and balcony to watch the races and the fantastic fireworks display to finish off the day.
Monday 6th December 2021
- After breakfast, have the morning at leisure before making your way back to the airport to catch your flight back to the UK.
- Depart Hong Kong in the afternoon/evening, landing back into London on Monday night / early Tuesday morning.
If at the end of the trip with RacingBreaks.com you wish to extend your stay or fly on to another destination, this can easily be arranged and our racing experts will endeavour to provide you with the various options and pricing available for such extensions.
Click here to book your visit and find out more about the experiences available.