top of page
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn

The NHRM: An introduction from Anne-Marie Hogan

Updated: Dec 15, 2022

Palace House

Our main building is known as Trainer's House, and Bruce Hobbs was based here until 1986. Palace House is over the road, and was Charles II's sporting lodge, finished in 1671. It now houses the British Sporting Art Trust's collection of paintings. The NHRM moved here in 2016, and we were opened by Queen Elizabeth II. Previously, we were in the Subscription Rooms on the High Street, which are part of the Jockey Club Rooms. The late queen opened that site in 1983. Elizabeth II was also one of ten original inductees to the QIPCO Hall of Fame, which can be found in our entrance hall.