This 6 night Melbourne Cup Tour allows you to take in the first two race days of the Carnival; AAMI Victoria Derby Day and Lexus Melbourne Cup Day.
You will enjoy the Derby Day Luncheon, the day prior to the racing with special guest trainers & entertainment, before taking in the first days action from the comfort of your reserved seat in the Hill Stand, located right on the finish line.
On Melbourne Cup Day you will experience premium hospitality in the Panorama Restaurant with food & beverages included throughout the day.
In addition to the above you will also attend the Call of the Card Luncheon, enjoy a welcome dinner & drinks and make a trip to Caulfield for a stable tour.
With transfers throughout your trip and an experienced guide on hand to look after you, this is the ultimate way to experience “the race that stops a nation”.
- Return indirect flights from the UK
- Return Airport Transfers
- 6 Nights Accommodation at The Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne
- Breakfast daily
- Welcome dinner and drinks
- Derby Day Eve Luncheon & After Party with special guest trainers & entertainment
- Return river cruise to Flemington Racecourse on Derby Day including drinks & nibbles
- Undercover reserved seat in the Hill Stand for Derby Day (right on the finish line)
- Caulfield Trackwork visit & stable tour
- Call of the Card Luncheon including food & drinks
- Premium Hospitality in Panorama Restaurant & reserved seat on Melbourne Cup Day including food & beverages
- Services of an experienced guide
- MYKI Public Transport pass
- Transfers throughout
- ATOL protected
Tuesday 27th October / Wednesday 28th October 2020
- Depending on your choice of flight, depart on an indirect flight from the UK to Melbourne to land on Thursday.
Thursday 29th October 2020
- Upon arrival be collected and transported directly to the hotel.
- Enjoy a welcome dinner & drinks with your fellow travellers on Thursday evening.
Friday 30th October 2020
- After a quiet morning, you will head out to the big First Light Racing Derby Day Eve Luncheon. With high-quality racing guests and entertainment (last year included Michelle Payne & Daryl Braithwaite), this is a great way to start the week. There is also a great after-party for those keen to kick on with some racing luminaries.
Saturday 31st October 2020
- On Saturday you will head off after breakfast on a beautiful cruise along the Yarra & Maribyrnong Rivers to Flemington racecourse including a few champagnes and nibbles. You'll have undercover reserved seats in the Hill Stand - a prime view of the track right on the finish line with access to food & drink outlets as well as Bookies and TAB. After a fantastic day, you will return on the cruise with nibbles & drinks.
Sunday 1st November 2020
- Today is a rest day for everyone to recover from busy first few days.
- You may wish to head off to a winery in the Yarra Valley, visit Living Legends farm or just do some shopping and enjoy everything else Melbourne has to offer.
Monday 2nd November 2020
- For those early risers, you can head out early to Caulfield or Flemington for some trackwork and a visit to a leading stable, then back to the hotel for breakfast.
- Later in the day, you will head off to the Call of the Card Luncheon at Crown Casino where Australia's biggest punters take on the best bookies to set the scene for the Cup.
- An all-inclusive three-course meal and drinks with interviews with leading jockeys, trainers and bookies will give the edge to find the Cup winner.
- The evening is at leisure to prepare for the big day.
Tuesday 3rd November 2020
- Today you will head to Flemington for the running of the 156th Melbourne Cup. You will enjoy amazing hospitality for the day in the Hill Stand with views of the finish line, beautiful fresh food, premium wines and beer, a fantastic spot to soak up all the atmosphere of "race that stops the nation".
Wednesday 4th November 2020
- After a fun filled week and hopefully with some winnings in your pocket you will be collected and transported back to the airport to catch you flight back to the UK. Departing on Wednesday you will arrive back home on Thursday 5th November.
If desired, you can extend your stay and take in both Oaks & Stakes Day with our trip extension! (more information below)
The Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne is one of Australia’s finest historic hotels.
Located on Flinders Street a three-minute walk from Flinders Street Station overlooking the scenic Yarra River, this Melbourne city centre hotel boasts a prime location in the heart of the central business district that’s well suited for a trip to the Melbourne Cup.
All guest bedrooms offer WiFi, 24-hour room service and TV’s with cable channels. The hotel has an on-site restaurant serving international cuisine as well as its own bar.
Why not extend your stay in Australia and take in all 4 racedays of the Melbourne Cup Carnival?
The below package includes all of the aspect of our 6 night package with the addition of:
- 4 Additional Nights Accommodation at The Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne
- Breakfast daily
- Victoria Racing Club Members Guest Pass on Oaks Day
- Undercover reserved seat in the Hill Stand for Stakes Day (right on the finish line)
Supplement per person: £500.00 (based on 2 sharing a double/twin)
Supplement per person £900.00 (based on single occupancy)
Trip extension itinerary
Thursday 5th November 2020
- Today is Oaks Day and you will make your way to the racecourse where you have a Victoria Racing Club Members Guest Pass for the day.
- You will take in the tradition of the day with its beauty, style and grace as racegoers dress up in their finerys as fashion takes centre stage.
Friday 6th November 2020
- Today is a day at leisure in Melbourne.
- Again, you may wish to take the opportunity to head off to a winery in the Yarra Valley, visit Living Legends farm or just do some shopping and enjoy everything else Melbourne has to offer.
Saturday 7th November 2020
- Today is the conclusion of the Melbourne Cup Carnival with Stakes Day.
- You will enjoy undercover reserved seats in the Hill Stand (located right on the finish line) to take in the final action of this most brilliant week.
Sunday 8th November 2020
- After a fun filled week you will be collected and transported back to the airport to catch you flight back to the UK. Departing on Sunday you will arrive back home on Monday 9th November.