Experience the Palio di Siena directly from a window overlooking the famous “Piazza del Campo ”.
Our Palio di Siena Package based at the Castel Monastero Resort combines flights, accommodation, transfers, and access to an exclusive apartment over the looking the main square of Siena where you can take in this famous race!
Your Package Includes
- Return Direct Flights from London City Airport to Florence
- Private Return Airport Transfers
- 3 Nights Accommodation at The Castel Monastero Resort in a Deluxe Room
- Breakfast each morning
- Dinner on one evening (Castel Monastero wine selection included)
- Return Transfer to Siena on the day of the Palio
- A window space overlooking the Piazza del Campo
- Cocktails and refreshments during the afternoon
- A light buffet dinner with selection of local specialities following the event
- A Spa treatment per person (50 minutes)
- Access to the "Acqua Benessere" indoor water area of the Spa.
Tuesday 14th August 2018
- Depart from London City Airport on Tuesday morning flying direct to Florence.
- Upon arrival you will be met by your driver and taken directly to the Castel Monastero Resort.
Wednesday 15th August 2018
- Today you have at leisure, you could take advantage of your inclusive Spa Treatment or perhaps arrange a tour of a local winery.
- Enjoy dinner at the hotel.
Thursday 16th August 2018
- Today is the day of the Palio, you will be transferred to Siena and taken to the luxury apartment where you will watch the famous race from.
- Enjoy cocktails and refreshments throughout the afternoon
- Following the race a light buffet dinner will be reserved before you will be transferred back to the hotel.
Friday 17th August 2018
- You will have the morning at leisure before being collected around lunchtime to head back to Florence.
- Depart Florence at on Friday afternoon on a direct flight back to London City Airport.
- Upgrade your room to: Prestige, Junior Suite, or Executive Suite
- Add a trip to a local winery (including transfers and lunch)
- Add a visit to a local "Contrade" on the evening before the Palio
- Add additional nights accommodation
If you would like a price for any of the above do let us know
About the Race/Apartment
Your vantage point for the famous Palio Race is from a truly exclusive position, a beautiful apartment overlooking the square. You will have an incredible view of the race including build up starting early afternoon.
About the Hotel
The Castel Monastero Resort consists of 74 rooms & suites and 1 villa. There are 2 restaurants on site: the gourmet "Contrada" restaurant (in partnership with Gordon Ramsey) and the Tuscan "La Cantina" restaurant located in the hamlet's 13th-century wine cellars.
There is also a bar with outdoor terrace, Spa with 8 treatment rooms, 3 outdoor swimming pools, tennis court, concierge service and Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas.
About the Spa
The inclusive Spa Treatment is a 50 minute treatment for face of body, chosen on the advice of staff from the hotel.
The "Acqua Benessere" indoor water area consists of: Finnish Sauna, Turkish Bath, swimming pool with toning hydro massage, swimming pool with high saline density for relaxing, draining effect, Kneipp program, sensorial showers with chromo therapy and natural essences, relax area.
About the Flights
Flights are operated by BA Cityflyer or CityJet.
Click here to find more information on the Palio di Siena