Experience the thrill of the unique Palio di Siena along with all the build up by staying in the centre of this historic city. This package includes flights, transfers, accommodation and grandstand tickets to the race on Thursday 2nd July 2020.
- Return Flights from the UK to either Florence or Pisa
- Private return airport transfers
- Four nights accommodation at Relais degli Angeli 4*
- Breakfast each morning
- Dinner in one of the “Contrada” the night before the Palio
- Siena City / Contrada Museum Tour
- Horse Blessing
- Historical Parade
- Grandstand Seats to the Palio di Siena
Please find below an example travel itinerary. All trips can be tailored to your individual needs so if you wish to extend your trip, please get in touch.
Thursday 13th August 2020
- Depart on a direct flight from the UK to either Florence or Pisa Airport.
- Upon arrival you will be met in the arrivals hall and transferred via private car to the hotel.
- The remainder of the day you will have at leisure to explore the city and head out for dinner.
Friday 14th August 2020
- A day at leisure in Sienna. Trial races will take place in the morning and in the evening (reserved tickets are offered for a supplement).
Saturday 15th August 2020
- Today you will enjoy a Siena City Tour with a visit to the Contrada Museum.
- You may also like to include a Chianti Wine Tour which can be added to your package (more information below).
- Later in the evening you will have the opportunity to attend one of the Contrada banquet dinners, the invitation only dinners where the many members and supporters for each Contrada will dine al fresco in their own neighbourhood within the historical city. Between the wine, the food and the friendliest of atmospheres, you will surely begin to understand how the Palio is more than just a horse race.
Sunday 16th August 2020
- Today is a day full of Palio related activities, before the final race in the evening.
- The morning brings the final trial race, then there are opportunities abound as the individual horse blessings begin to take place and a small group of Contrada members begin their parade in medieval costume through the city, stopping at various key points to display their colours and flag waving skills.
- All paths will eventually lead to Piazza del Campo, where in the late afternoon, the formal historical parade will begin. This colourful pageantry is followed by the most famous horse race in all of Italy - the Palio di Siena!
Monday 17th August 2020
- You will have your final morning at leisure before being collected by private car and transferred back to the airport to catch your flight back to the UK.
Chianti Winery Tour
If desired you can add a fantastic Chianti Wine Tour to your package. This 4 hour tour includes return transportation from Siena. The tour will include history of the winery, and a cellar visit, plus a tour of the wine production facilities and wine tastings. After the tour, you will be treated to lunch at the winery.
Price per person: £100.00
Right in the heart of Siena, an elegant period residence that offers the chance of a special stay in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
An ancient noble palace is today the home of “Relais degli Angeli”, and opens its doors to guests looking to experience accommodation just a few steps away from Piazza del Campo. This exceptional location will welcome you in luxurious rooms with frescoed ceilings and precious finishes, for an unforgettable break.
Breakfast, free Wi-Fi and satellite TV included.
This package is available based on single occupancy for £3,355.00.
Extend your stay in Siena by adding additional nights accommodation on a B&B basis for £220.00 per person.
Grandstand Seat Upgrades
Upgraded tickets are available with seats located on the start line as well as balcony and window options. Please enquire for further information.
Flights within the package are inclusive of cabin baggage only. Additional hold luggage can be added for a supplement.
Please note, flights from some airports may incur a supplement.