Experience the Palio di Siena directly from a window overlooking the famous “Piazza del Campo”.
Castel Monastero offers its guests the unique opportunity to experience the Palio from a truly exclusive position, from the windows of one of the most beautiful apartments
overlooking the square.
Your Package Includes
- Return flights from the UK to either Florence or Pisa
- Return private airport transfers
- Three nights accommodation at Castel Monastero
- Breakfast each morning
- Dinner in the Contrada Restaurant at Castel Monastero
- Wine tasting at a local winery
- Access to the “acqua benessere” indoor Spa
- Dinner in one of the “Contrada” the night before the Palio
- Access to an exclusive apartment in Siena on the day of the Palio
- Cocktails and refreshments throughout the afternoon
- Light buffet dinner following the conclusion of the racing
- A window space overlooking the Piazza del Campo to watch the historic race
Wednesday 14th August 2019
- Depart on a direct flight from the UK to either Florence or Pisa Airport.
- Upon arrival you will be met in the arrivals hall and transferred via private car to Castel Monastero.
- On your arrival evening you will enjoy a dinner in the "Contrada" restaurant at Castel Monastero.
Thursday 15th August 2019
- Following breakfast you will be collected mid-morning and transferred to a local winery for a tour followed by wine tasting.
- Upon return to the hotel you can take advantage of your Spa Treatment at the Castel Monastero Spa.
- That evening you will be transferred to one of the “Contrada” to experience a dinner the night before the main event.
Friday 16th August 2019
- Today is the day of the Palio - around lunchtime you will be collected and transferred to Siena to take your place in the luxurious apartment overlooking the Piazza del Campo.
- Cocktails and refreshments will be available throughout the afternoon in the build up to the historic race.
- You will then take your spot in your window space overlooking the square to take in the Palio di Siena!
- Following the race you will enjoy a light buffet dinner with a selection of local delicacies.
Saturday 17th August 2019
- You will have your final morning at leisure before being collected by private car and transferred back to the airport to catch your flight back to the UK.
The Castel Monastero Resort consists of 74 rooms & suites and 1 villa. There are 2 restaurants on site: the gourmet "Contrada" restaurant and the Tuscan "La Cantina" restaurant located in the hamlet's 13th-century wine cellars.
There is also a bar with outdoor terrace, Spa with 8 treatment rooms, 3 outdoor swimming pools, tennis court, concierge service and Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas.
Upgrade your room
To enhance your stay at the Castel Monastero why not upgrade your bedroom to one of the following categories:
Prestige Room: £150 per person
Junior Suite: £300 per person
Junior Suite Piazza: £350 per person
Executive Suite: £800 per person
Royal Suite: £1650 per person
About the Spa
The inclusive Spa Treatment is a 50 minute treatment for face of body, chosen on the advice of staff from the hotel.
The "Acqua Benessere" indoor water area consists of: Finnish Sauna, Turkish Bath, swimming pool with toning hydro massage, swimming pool with high saline density for relaxing, draining effect, Kneipp program, sensorial showers with chromo therapy and natural essences, relax area.
About the Race/Apartment
Your vantage point for the famous Palio Race is from a truly exclusive position, a beautiful apartment overlooking the square. You will have an incredible view of the race including build up starting early afternoon.