The Kentucky Derby is one of the oldest and most important sporting events in the world and we are delighted to offer the ultimate Kentucky Derby Tour so that you can experience “The Most Exciting Two Minutes in Sports” for yourself.
But the Kentucky Derby is much more than just a two-minute race, it’s a week-long event in Louisville filled with food, fun, drinks, hats and so much more. Our Kentucky Derby tour package includes the Kentucky Derby and Oaks tickets, Stud Farm tour, trackwork, functions & events, Louisville hotel accommodation, transportation to the track and more.
- Return indirect flights from the UK to Louisville
- Hotel airport shuttle transfers
- Six nights accommodation at the centrally located Hampton Inn Downtown
- Breakfast included daily
- Welcome dinner & drinks at a great local restaurant
- Stud Farm & Keeneland Racecourse Tour in Lexington (including Lunch)
- Local Bourbon Distillery tour
- Dawn at the Downs: Track-work at Churchill Downs & breakfast
- Admission to the fantastic Taste of the Derby party
- Reserved undercover grandstand seats for Oaks & Derby Day with great views over the whole track
- Farewell brunch at a special venue overlooking the Ohio River
- Transfers throughout
- Services of an experienced tour leader
Tuesday 28 April
- Depart from your choice of UK airport on an indirect flight to Louisville.
- Upon arrival into Louisville the hotel run a complimentary shuttle for all guests from the airport.
- Check into the 4* Hampton Inn Downtown, right in the heart of the city. Then head out for some welcome drinks to get to know everyone and dinner with "Mr Derby" (52 years straight & counting!).
Wednesday 29 April
- After breakfast, you will head off on a tour to explore the home of horses in America, Lexington. You will visit the Keeneland Racecourse & Sales complex before visiting a world-class stud farm and see some stallions parade. Following this you will enjoy a nice country lunch before heading back to Louisville for a visit to a local Bourbon Distillery.
- The evening is at leisure to soak up the atmosphere of Kentucky week.
Thursday 30 April
- An early start awaits as you head off to Churchill Downs racecourse to see the Oaks & Derby horses put through their final paces. Then the day is yours to explore Louisville or head to Thurby day races.
- In the evening you will kick off the Kentucky Derby weekend in style at the 'Taste of the Derby!' You'll get to mingle with horse racing celebrities and savor an evening of exquisite cuisine and unique wines.
Friday 1 May
- It's race day! After breakfast, you will head off to ladies day at Churchill Downs for the running of the Kentucky Oaks. The theme is to dress in pink!
- You will be located on level three of the grandstand undercover (paramount as can get very hot or very wet) with reserved box seats.
- After the races, head back to the hotel for an evening to yourself before the Derby.
Saturday 2 May
- Today is the day, DERBY DAY! After a light breakfast, you will head back to Churchill Downs for a full day of racing, with the Derby at around 5.30pm.
- You will be back up on level three near the start line so will enjoy a great view of the Derby. - With a 50% chance of rain each year, your undercover seats are a perfect spot to watch all the action on and off the track.
Sunday 3 May
- You will finish the week with a relaxing recovery day, heading out for a final local luncheon to recap the great week you've had.
Monday 4 May
- After breakfast you can take advantage of the hotel shuttle to return to the airport ready to catch your flight back to the UK.
Newly renovated in January 2019, the Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown is ideally located in a city famous for sports, culture and rich history. Take advantage of the complimentary shuttle to Louisville International Airport and within Downtown areas. It is also within walking distance to Kentucky International Convention Centre (KICC), Museum Row, including the Muhammad Ali Centre and Downtown Bourbon Distilleries. The hotel is located close to the thriving entertainment district, Fourth Street Live, between Liberty Street and Muhammad Ali Boulevard, just a short walk from KFC Yum! It is also only eight blocks to the Louisville Slugger factory, an American tradition since 1884.
All guest rooms feature a 32-inch flat panel HDTV and free WiFi access alongside a clean and fresh Hampton bed. Start your day right with Hampton’s free hot breakfast and famous waffles or enjoy over 20 local Bourbons and Lite Food in the lobby.
This package is available based on single occupancy for a supplement of £1,200.00.
Flights are indirect and can be included from any UK airport to Louisville. Packages are based on departing on the morning of Tuesday 28th April and returning overnight on Monday 4th May.
Upgrades to Business and First Class are available upon request.
Please enquire for full details.
The package includes undercover grandstand seats, in 2019 these were located in section 325.