Our Japan Cup package begins with three nights in Sapporo to discover all that makes Japanese breeding and racing so strong with a visit to Shadi Stallion Station, Oiwake Farm, and Northern Farm. After this, we fly to Tokyo for five nights in this amazing city to explore what makes it so special including a visit to Mt Fuji and VIP Hospitality at the main raceday!
- Return Flights from London Heathrow to Tokyo
- Return internal flights from Tokyo to Sapporo
- 3 Nights Accommodation at 4* Sapporo Hotel
- 5 Nights Accommodation at 4* Keio Plaza Shinjuku
- Full breakfasts included daily
- Welcome dinner and drinks
- Half-day Sapporo tour including Nijo Fish Market, Sapporo Beer Museum and lunch in Sapporo Beer Garden.
- Guided tour of the famous Paca Paca Farm
- Visit Darley pre-training facility Castle Park
- Stallion Parade at Darley's Stallion Farm
- Visit Darley Shiomi Farm
- Mt Fuji Full Day Tour
- Local Guided Tokyo City Tour
- Grandstand seats Fuchu Racecourse for Saturday races
- VIP Hospitality for Japan Cup including food & drinks
- All travel & race day transfers throughout
- Services of an experienced tour leader
Saturday 16th November 2019
- Depart London Heathrow on Saturday morning on a direct flight to Tokyo, scheduled to land first thing on Sunday morning.
Sunday 17 November 2019
- Connecting in Tokyo Airport you will then board your onward flight to Saporro which takes approximately 90 minutes.
- Upon arrival make your way to the hotel and after checking in and freshening up, you'll meet at the hotel bar for some welcome drinks and then head out for a fabulous local dinner so you can get to know the rest of the group and plan the week ahead.
Monday 18 November 2019
- Today is a chance to explore Sapporo with visits to Jingu Shrine, Odori Park and Nijo Fish Market. Lovers of fresh sushi and sashimi will be in heaven and the Nijo fish market is also one of the few places in Japan where bargaining is acceptable; feel free to try and bring the prices down. We'll then head to the popular Sapporo Beer Garden for lunch. We'll try a freshly brewed Sapporo beer and a "Genghis Khan", a local Hokkaido specialty dish of lamb and mutton.
- After a busy first morning, the afternoon is yours for further exploration of Sapporo or to have a rest.
Tuesday 19 November 2019
- We're off early today to explore some of the farms that make Japanese racing so strong. We'll start with a tour of Dr. Harry Sweeney's famous Paca Paca Farm where 2012 Japanese Derby winner Deep Brillante was bred.
- Then we're off to visit the pre-training facilities at Darley's Castle Park before a stop for lunch at a great local restaurant.
-After a nice local lunch, we will visit Darley's Stallion Complex where they will parade four of their top stallions for us to inspect. Maybe you'll find something for your mare! We finish the afternoon with a look around Shiomi Farm before making our way back to Sapporo.
- The evening is yours at leisure to enjoy the Sapporo nightlife and beautiful local food.
Wednesday 20 November 2019
- We check out of our Sapporo hotel and head to Chitose Airport for our flight to Tokyo. We're staying at the Keio Plaza Hotel in Shinjuku, which is the ideal location to explore the delights of the city of Tokyo. Only minutes away from the most popular shopping and entertainment spots, our luxury hotel provides stunning views over central Tokyo.
- The rest of the day is at leisure to rest or explore Tokyo with an optional wander through Shinjuku and then we'll have a nice local dinner.
Thursday 21 November 2019
- After breakfast, we're off for a half-day Tour of Tokyo with a guide and coach. We'll visit Meiji Jingu Shrine, Imperial Palace East Garden and Sensoji Temple & Nakamise Shopping Street.
- The afternoon is yours to continue exploring Tokyo and do some shopping.
Friday 22 November 2019
- Today we're off for a full day visit to Japan's tallest mountain, Mt Fuji, with a guide including stops at Mt Fuji 5th Station, beautiful Oshino Hakkai (a set of eight ponds), Shiraito Falls and Fujisan Hongu Sengen Taisha Shrine.
- The evening is yours to explore the amazing Tokyo nightlife and discover their tiny little bars.
Saturday 23 November 2019
- After breakfast, we're finally off to the races at Fuchu Racecourse. Despite a capacity of 223,000, it will be a quiet day at the track with everyone gearing up for the Cup tomorrow.
- We'll explore the course, visit the museum, grab a few souvenirs and learn the Japanese betting system.
Sunday 24 November 2019
- This is it, the end of the week and the highlight of the trip, it's Japan Cup day!! Today's race meeting at Fuchu is highlighted by the running of Japan's most prestigious race - the Japan Cup. A crowd of 100,000 plus is expected. We're in hospitality with all-inclusive food and drinks. Hugh Bowman won it last year, can he do it again?
Monday 25 November 2019
- The trip concludes after breakfast today, make your way back to the airport to catch your flight back to the UK.
- Depart Tokyo on Monday morning, landing back into London early afternoon.
The Sapporo Hotel boasts a shopping arcade & a spa centre, and is only a 5-minute walk from JR Sapporo Station. It features 7 dining options, a concierge and free Wi-Fi at the entire property.
Rooms at the Sapporo Grand Hotel are air-conditioned and equipped with a TV and a refrigerator. A work desk, slippers and toiletries are provided.
Guests can enjoy a massage or a beauty treatment. The hotel has a Memorial Library, which also serves as a museum.
Fresh seafood, fine wines and international specialities are available at Sapporo Grand’s restaurants. Northern Terrace offers a dessert buffet, while Lobby Lounge Mizar features a fireplace.
Sapporo Grand Hotel is a 2-minute walk from Sapporo Clock Tower and the Oodori Park.
Keio Plaza Hotel
The Keio Plaza Hotel offers sweeping views of the Shinjuku skyline. There are flat-screen TV's with satellite channels, minibar and electric kettle. An en-suite bathroom comes with a bath, free toiletries and hairdryer. Japanese-style yukata robes and slippers are provided for all guests.
The hotel has a wide range of cuisines including Japanese, French, Italian, Chinese and Korean. Sky Lounge Aurora boasts stunning city views from the 45th floor, while Amanogawa Sake Bar pours premium sake.
Extend your stay
If you wish to prolong your stay in Japan, additional nights can be added to the itinerary for £200 per person on a bed & breakfast basis.
This package is available based on single occupancy for £5249 per person
This package is inclusive of flights from London Heathrow. Direct flights are also available from Birmingham and Manchester, please enquire for more details.
Flights are available with Japan Airlines. Please note that supplements may apply from some airports.
Upgrades to Business/First Class are available upon request.