The Japan Cup Tour begins with three nights in Sapporo to discover all that makes Japanese breeding and racing so strong with a visit to Paca Paca Farm and three of Godolphin's great training and breeding facilities.
It continues with an internal flight to Tokyo for five nights in this amazing city to explore what makes it so special including a visit to Mt Fuji. You will enjoy Grandstand Seats at Fuchu Racecourse on Saturday followed by Hospitality for Japan Cup Day itself on Sunday.
- 3 Nights Accommodation at 4* Mercure Hotel Sapporo
- 5 Nights Accommodation at 4* Keio Plaza Shinjuku
- Full breakfasts included daily
- Welcome dinner and drinks
- Half-day Sapporo tour including Nijo Fish Market, Sapporo Beer Museum and lunch in Sapporo Beer Garden
- Visit the famous Paca Paca Farm
- Visit Darley pre-training facility Castle Park
- Stallion Parade at Darley's Stallion Farm
- Visit Darley Shiomi Farm
- Sapporo to Tokyo Flight
- Mt Fuji Full Day Tour or Tsukiji Fish Market Tour
- Half-day guided Tokyo City Tour
- Grandstand seats Fuchu Racecourse for Saturday races
- VIP Hospitality for Japan Cup Day including all-inclusive food & drinks package (Sunday)
- All travel & race day transfers throughout
- Services of an experienced tour leader
- ATOL protected
Saturday 21st November 2020
- Depart London Heathrow on Saturday morning on a direct flight to Tokyo, scheduled to land first thing on Sunday morning.
Sunday 22nd November 2020
- Connecting in Tokyo Airport you will then board your onward flight to Saporro which takes approximately 90 minutes.
- Upon arrival make your way to the hotel and after checking in and freshening up, you'll meet at the hotel bar for some welcome drinks and then head out for a fabulous local dinner so you can get to know the rest of the group and plan the week ahead.
Monday 23rd November 2020
- Today is a chance to explore Sapporo - you will head up the chairlift of the 1972 Ski Jump for beautiful views over Sapporo, stop in at Nijo Fish Market to try some local Hokkaido giant oysters and visit the local chocolate factory.
- You will then head to the popular Sapporo Beer Garden for lunch. Try a freshly brewed Sapporo beer and a "Genghis Khan", a local Hokkaido speciality dish of lamb and mutton.
- After a busy first morning, the afternoon is yours for further exploration of Sapporo or to have a rest.
Tuesday 24th November 2020
- An early start on Tuesday awaits as you are off to explore some of the farms that make Japanese racing so strong. You'll start with a tour of Dr. Harry Sweeney's famous Paca Paca Farm where 2012 Japanese Derby winner Deep Brillante was bred.
- You will then visit the pre-training facilities at Darley's Castle Park where you'll check out their amazing facilities including an undercover uphill 1400m gallop.
- Following this you will stop for lunch at a great local restaurant where you'll enjoy some beautiful Wagyu steaks.
-After lunch, you will visit Darley's Stallion Complex where they will parade four of their top stallions for you to inspect. Maybe you'll find something for your mare!
- The evening is yours at leisure to enjoy the Sapporo nightlife and beautiful local food.
Wednesday 25th November 2020
- In the morning you will check out of the Sapporo hotel and head to Chitose Airport for your flight to Tokyo.
- Your next accommodation is at the Keio Plaza Hotel in Shinjuku, which is the ideal location to explore the delights of the city of Tokyo. Only minutes away from the most popular shopping and entertainment spots, the luxury hotel provides stunning views over central Tokyo.
- The rest of the day is at leisure to rest or explore Tokyo with an optional wander through Shinjuku and then you'll then have a nice local dinner.
Thursday 26th November 2020
- After breakfast, you will head off for a half-day tour of Tokyo.
- The tour begins with fantastic views over Tokyo from the observation deck, see Mt Fuji if weather is clear, then visit Meiji Jingu Shrine & Harijuku shopping precinct, the world-famous Shibuya crossing before a visit to the old Yanaka Ginza district for some old-world charm and a local feed of Ramen.
- The afternoon is yours to continue exploring Tokyo and do some shopping.
Friday 27th November 2020
- Today you have a choice of two tours; either a full day tour visiting Mt Fuji or a morning tour exploring the amazing Tsukiji Fish Markets, your choice! Details of both tours can be found below.
- The evening is yours to explore the amazing Tokyo nightlife and discover their tiny little bars.
Saturday 28th November 2020
- After breakfast, you are finally off to the races at Fuchu Racecourse. Despite a capacity of 223,000, it will be a quiet day at the track with everyone gearing up for the Cup tomorrow.
- You'll have a chance to explore the course, visit the museum, grab a few souvenirs and learn the Japanese betting system.
Sunday 29th November 2020
- This is it, the end of the week and the highlight of the trip, it's Japan Cup day!! Today's race meeting at Fuchu is highlighted by the running of Japan's most prestigious race - the Japan Cup. A crowd of 100,000 plus is expected.
- You will enjoy hospitality with all-inclusive food and drinks throughout the day!
Monday 30th November 2020
- The tour concludes after breakfast today, you will return to Tokyo Airport to catch your direct flight back to London Heathrow.
On Friday 27th November you have a choice of two tours:
Mt. Fuji Tour
The day begins with a 2.5-hour coach journey to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Mt. Fuji, recognisable by its iconic snow-capped peak. On arrival, you’ll ascend to Mt. Fuji’s 5th Station -located halfway up the mountain at 7,545 feet (2,300 meters) - and absorb unobstructed views of Mt. Fuji’s Five Lakes.
Following Fuji’s 5th Station, you’ll enjoy a traditional Japanese lunch. Then, head into Hakone National Park by coach and take a short sightseeing cruise on Lake Ashi.
Your final stop is the summit of Mt. Komagatake, reachable by Komagatake Ropeway, one of Japan’s highest aerial tramways. During the ride, enjoy more spectacular views and take a stroll along a mountain trail at the top.
Return to Tokyo by bullet train. Total tour time 11 hours.
Tsukiji Fish Market Tour
Take a deep dive into the world of Japanese seafood during this tour of the outer Tsukiji Fish Market. Rub shoulders with Michelin-starred chefs as they shop for ingredients at this sprawling, 80-year-old market for all things aquatic.
Investigate the various stalls selling fish, shellfish, and everything in between, and sample Japanese favourites such as sushi, dried bonito, fresh Tuna, and sake. A local guide and all food on the tour are included.
4* Mercure Hotel Sapporo
The Sapporo Hotel boasts a shopping arcade & a spa centre, and is only a 5-minute walk from JR Sapporo Station. It features 7 dining options, a concierge and free Wifi across the entire property.
Rooms at the Sapporo Grand Hotel are air-conditioned and equipped with a TV and a refrigerator. A work desk, slippers and toiletries are provided.
Guests can enjoy a massage or a beauty treatment. The hotel has a Memorial Library, which also serves as a museum.
Fresh seafood, fine wines and international specialities are available at Sapporo Grand’s restaurants. Northern Terrace offers a dessert buffet, while Lobby Lounge Mizar features a fireplace.
Sapporo Grand Hotel is a 2-minute walk from Sapporo Clock Tower and the Oodori Park.
4* Keio Plaza Shinjuku
The Keio Plaza Hotel offers sweeping views of the Shinjuku skyline. There are flat-screen TV's with satellite channels, minibar and electric kettle. An en-suite bathroom comes with a bath, free toiletries and hairdryer. Japanese-style yukata robes and slippers are provided for all guests.
The hotel has a wide range of cuisines including Japanese, French, Italian, Chinese and Korean. Sky Lounge Aurora boasts stunning city views from the 45th floor, while Amanogawa Sake Bar pours premium sake.
The hotel is ideally located to explore the delights of Tokyo, only minutes away from some of the most popular shopping and entertainment spots.
This package is available based on single occupancy for £4,695.00.
Extend your stay
If you wish to prolong your stay in Japan, additional nights can be added to the itinerary from £200 per person on a bed & breakfast basis.
Flight schedules are yet to be released for November 2020, upon release the itinerary will be updated with flight timings.
Flights are based on travel from London Heathrow, alternative departure airports with direct flights can be included but may incur a supplement.